Thursday, April 17, 2014

Spring Break 2014: Day 3

April 12, 2014

Continuing from my last post, I woke up at about 6:00 am to get ready for the day and meet in the hotel lobby at 6:45 am just like the bus driver had repeatedly instructed. The choir had been waiting for the bus to arrive, and at that point it was 7:00 am, the time we were supposed to leave by. We discovered that the bus driver herself had slept in even after telling us not to. We were late to the college and barely had time to rehearse before stepping onto the stage. Our practice sounded horrible, and I was physically unable to sing on key. I was very worried when they called us to perform, but after a prayer from my choir teacher I was hopeful. We sounded great on stage, and I'm quite proud of our choir. The judges gave us some pointers that made us sound even better, and then we were finished. We changed out of our performance clothes and into some comfy clothes for our day.


The rules were changed because of the incident from the night before, but it wasn't too bad. We were arranged into groups that had at least one chaperone per group, and I was happy because I got Lauren and Alex even though we were placed with some... questionable people. The group was pretty fun though and most everybody was nice. There was an exception for a boy, but I think it's best not to talk about it on the Internet where everyone can see. Let's just say practically every girl loved him, and I wanted him to know that I felt quite the opposite towards him. We spent have of our day in Downtown Disney, which was frustrating because we were just walking aimlessly around the place, and I got antsy because of the crowds and undecided plans. 



At 4:00 pm, we were allowed to go into Disneyland. We rode more rides until 8:00 pm, which was the time of our awards ceremony. Drama began to unfold with that briefly mentioned boy during this time. It was nothing life changing, just your typical high school stuff, but it was hard for one of my friends because she was torn between what decision she should make. I helped her as much as I could, but I hope she did the right thing for the situation. Our choir won second place in our division, and our teacher won the spirit award because one of the judges thought she was absolutely adorable, which she is. 







On our drive back to the hotel, Alex and I had great conversation, and I began to wish we had become friends sooner. I'm switching schools next year, and I pray that our friendship lasts. When we returned to the hotel, Alex and I quickly changed into our bathing suits to swim until the pool closed or until somebody kicked us out, whichever happened latest. There, we met three boys who had also participated in Heritage Festival. They were very polite and funny and traveled from Oregon, which I was happy about just because I love the mention of the state. They invited another one of their roommates, who came down with a guitar in his hand. He was talented and had good music taste. He sung Sleeping With Sirens songs and A Day To Remember songs. I joined him on the last song, James Dean & Audrey Hepburn, before they had to leave. Just as Alex and I were drying off, my mom came down to take us to our rooms. We accidentally stayed up until 12:00 am because Alex's phone had not been working. Oops! My mom was a bit angry only because she had to stay up so late, but the night's memories were worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment