Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sunrise Silhouettes

So today, I revisited a poem that I wrote last year for English class because Mrs. Marchione, my teacher, invited me and a few other of my peers to sit in on her seventh grade Advanced English class. It turns out that they were analyzing poems, one of which happened to be mine. I'll be honest, the experience gave me a boost of confidence. The girl who chose my poem from that class, Sam, interpreted it differently from my intended purpose and meaning, but I was grateful for a different perspective. I would like you to also read and respond to it in whatever way relates to you. Feel free to comment your aspects.

Sunrise Silhouettes

People are silhouettes
Outlines in black
Against a colorful sunrise

The silhouette appears
Obscure and mysterious
In the early break of dawn

The endless shadow seems as if
It might be hiding something
In the depths of the darkness

While the glowing backdrop
Gives the silhouette a congenial feel
Which enhances the beauty

They contradict each other
Making the silhouette
Even more perplexing

I wonder what the sun will reveal
Once it exposes the dark shape
I wish I could see the detail of the vague image

As I wait and watch
I realize that patience is essential
In order to see the beautiful
Person that you seem to be

By Sierra Richardson

-Have a wonderful day
Sierra Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment