Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Earth Day

April 22, 2014

I decided to do something naturey on Earth Day this year. I told my dad of this desire, and he took it to the next level. My dad, Sloane, and I walked straight out of our backyard (We live in the country.) and just started walking. There were fields and fields of this tall green grass. My dad told me the name, but I can't remember. Along the way, my dad taught us about all of the plants we encountered. This tends to happen with him since he's an arborist. My dad also told us about the history of our town. He moved to Vacaville when he was in sixth grade, and the town wasn't nearly as populated as it is now. All of the suburbs we hiked by hadn't even existed when my dad was a kid. There were just empty fields. When he was younger, he and his friends would ride their motorcycles all over those fields. I wish I could have that sort of freedom. I also learned that there used to be a train that ran right behind my school to drop off fruits and nuts, the main industry if Vacaville at that time. Isn't that neat? 



Have a wonderful day.
-Sierra Joy


No comments:

Post a Comment